Giftanapp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Find us on Facebook & Twitter

Contributors Club

5 posters

Go down

Contributors Club Empty Contributors Club

Post  Paradiso Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:35 am

So in order to attract more people to the site I decided to make the Contributors Club. People in this group will have a chance to win more expensive apps than the daily giveaway. In order to be a member, you must recruit people to register here, donate via the contribution button at the bottom of the page, or spread the word on Facebook, Twitter, Digg, or other social sites.

I'll make the exact rules and requirements soon, but I just wanted to share the idea with you guys.

The bottom line is, we need more exposure! This site has had 86 unique visitors, 3,912 views, and 16 ad clicks. For the first week, those are pretty good numbers, but in order to really get the idea off the ground, more people need to visit the site.

I've looked into advertising on TouchArcade, as they already represent a large percentage of traffic here. I'll be contacting the other major iOS sites soon as well. A few members here have contacts with YouTubers, which should help too.

Any suggestions on how to get more visitors is welcome. Thanks to everyone who has helped out already, every bit counts!

Paradiso
Admin
Admin

http://giftanapp.net

Back to top Go down

Contributors Club Empty Re: Contributors Club

Post  Arashi541 Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:59 am

I would be pleased to be in this club and make people register. Unfortunaltely i dont have a twitter or facebook but i can spread the word on TA and on other blogs and stuf. But mostly TA is that okay?
Arashi541
Arashi541

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradiso Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:04 am

Just having a link in your signature there would help, so when people see an ad or hear about it on facebook, they'll remember.

Paradiso
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi541 Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:12 am

So the only thing you have to do to get in the club is put it into your signature? Thats pretty leiant.
Arashi541
Arashi541

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradiso Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:15 am

I haven't decided on the exact requirements yet, but I'll post them here when I do.

Paradiso
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi541 Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:18 am

Ok but try to make them fair to everyone including people with no paypal facebook or twitter and credit card Very Happy Im gonna get a head start by requruting people off of the old RAOG thread to this thread.
Arashi541
Arashi541

Back to top Go down

Post  pittock Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:31 am

Arashi541 wrote:Ok but try to make them fair to everyone including people with no paypal facebook or twitter and credit card Very Happy Im gonna get a head start by requruting people off of the old RAOG thread to this thread.

That's against their rules. I wouldn't advise it.

I agree that the site needs exposure, and i've been twittering etc already and will continue. I'm all ears to new promotion ideas too, and will help if I can.
pittock
pittock

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi541 Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:41 am

pittock wrote:
Arashi541 wrote:Ok but try to make them fair to everyone including people with no paypal facebook or twitter and credit card Very Happy Im gonna get a head start by requruting people off of the old RAOG thread to this thread.

That's against their rules. I wouldn't advise it.

I agree that the site needs exposure, and i've been twittering etc already and will continue. I'm all ears to new promotion ideas too, and will help if I can.

Can they read your pms? Does Instagram count as a social networking site?
Arashi541
Arashi541

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradiso Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:36 am

I'm guessing they can't read pms but they wont like any mention of this site outside of a sig, cause what happened before. Technically it's not against their rules for someone else to start a thread for it, I'm just not allowed to. Ill make sure it's open for people who don't have credit cards or paypal, in some way.

My plan for this site is to get "perpetual motion." So the ads pay for the giveaways, which attract more people, who click on ads, which pay for more giveaways. I'll be open with everyone, and say that I've made $19 from ads so far, which will go towards buying the domain name, and removing the forumotion ads first, once I get it.

Paradiso
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AP9TV1 Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:59 am

Paradiso wrote:My plan for this site is to get "perpetual motion." So the ads pay for the giveaways, which attract more people, who click on ads, which pay for more giveaways. I'll be open with everyone, and say that I've made $19 from ads so far, which will go towards buying the domain name, and removing the forumotion ads first, once I get it.

That's pretty good so far, since the ads came a few days ago.
AP9TV1
AP9TV1

https://www.youtube.com/ap9tv1

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradiso Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:53 am

Regarding the Contributors Club, VIP Group, and other incentive ideas I had, I decided to go with a points system instead.

There should be a points section in your profiles now. Ill be giving out points based on various activities you do to help promote the site, or contribute in some way. These points can then be spent in a "store" thread. When you reach a certain amount you can redeem them and I'll gift you an app, the number of points determining it's value. I'm not sure about prices yet, but it might be something like 20 points for a .99 app, and so on.

I'll be making the thread and rules soon, so check back later today for that.

What do you guys think about this system? Any suggestions?

Paradiso
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi541 Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:55 am

I love the system because it really gives you something to work towards!! Do past activitys go into these point values like putting it in your sig or something or do you have to do it starting now
Arashi541
Arashi541

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradiso Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:05 am

If you've done something already I'll count it. Look for the thread a little later today for rules and instructions on how to prove you've done things Smile

Paradiso
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Versago Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:18 am

Would clicking the ads give me viruses? ._. if not I'll help by clicking ads every day.

Versago

Back to top Go down

Post  AP9TV1 Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:20 am

That sounds really cool!

Versago wrote:Would clicking the ads give me viruses? ._. if not I'll help by clicking ads every day.

You can't do that, that's AdSense abuse, and the sites ads could get disabled!
AP9TV1
AP9TV1

https://www.youtube.com/ap9tv1

Back to top Go down

Post  Versago Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:23 am

AP9TV1 wrote:That sounds really cool!

Versago wrote:Would clicking the ads give me viruses? ._. if not I'll help by clicking ads every day.

You can't do that, that's AdSense abuse, and the sites ads could get disabled!

Oh really? Surprised is there a limit on how often I can click ads?

Versago

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradiso Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:29 am

Google policy says I can't encourage people to click ads, or mislead them into doing it. They want genuine interest in whatever the ad is about. If someone just decides to click a whole bunch, I don't think it's a problem, but Google is strict about ad abuse.

You won't get a virus from these ads, but if you do run into any problems, let me know so I can report them.

Edit: Google doesn't give out numbers and formulas about how many clicks they consider suspicious, so people can't cheat the system. They mainly do this to deal with bots designed to click ads over and over. Human traffic isn't as strict, as long as it's not me clicking.

Paradiso
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Versago Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:32 am

Ok then, so whenever I see an interesting ad I'll click it Very Happy.

Versago

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradiso Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:36 am

Sounds good Smile

I'll make the thread for points and all that after I check out the new Infinty Blade update!

Paradiso
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradiso Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:20 am

Sorry I havent been on much lately guys, I'm in the middle of a move and I'm still without Internet. More offers coming soon though, don't worry!

Paradiso
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradiso Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:05 am

My internet will be back on by the end of the week, so expect more offers and contests very soon. I'm still working on the contributors club as well.

Advertising on TA isn't likely to happen soon, unfortunately. The owner of the site gave me special permission to advertise there, however their prices are far beyond my budget. Unless people feel like making very generous donations, I can't afford $1,500 a week on advertising.

I'm still looking into other sites though, so if I get enough traffic and really grow the site, I may be able to do some adversing on TouchArcade in the future, which would be immensely helpful in getting more registered members. Apparently they have over 400,000 unique visitors a month.

Thanks again to everyone who still visits and participates in the site, I appreciate you being a part of what I hope becomes an active part in the iOS community. If anyone is interested or knows someone who is interested in donating to the site, feel free to contact me. Same for advertising here, this site receives a very large number of views, and I can offer the best prices possible.

Also if anyone wants to get a headstart on earning points, pm me with proof of how you helped promote the site Smile

Paradiso
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum